RSS

My secret to my health transformation is in the juice!

Many people began to say, you look much better, how did you do that?  What did you do to go from getting sicker everyday to looking better everyday?  GREEN SMOOTHIES!
Everyday I would get up and drink a green smoothie and each day rotate the dark leafy greens.
HERE'S THE RECIPE:
Green Plant Drink  (I buy this one in the dry juice isle at Trader Joe's) liquid foundation (can be any healthy liquid; water, some ice, any juice without sugar added)
1 whole peeled lemon
1 whole organic apple
2-3 stalks organic celery
1 tablespoon hemp seed powder (could use soy or whey)
All the following are rotated - sometimes I add 3 or 4 from below.                                                                kale
                               bok choy                              collard greens
                               spinach                                 swiss chard
                           beet leaf greens                      watercress
                                                                  parsley                               sunflower sprouts
There are many more greens, just keep rotating them; as Victoria Boutenko says.
"Rotate Your Greens daily"
blend all above (I use a vitamix, but I did just have a regular blender and it worked.  It just takes longer
I keep the fiber in, but you could strain this and just drink the juice.  I leave the fiber in because this is my breakfast and I want to get full from it.  Also we need the extra fiber
to keep our system moving.  I have been drinking these smoothies for 2 years now.
 I also think the trick to these green smoothies is they raise your alkalinity.  When I was really sick, initially my ph was 6.5.  After drinking the smoothies it quickly went up to 7 - 7.5.  A ph balance of 7.5 is ideal.  My last ph test on my official blood test was 8. in Jan. 2010.  There is a great book about ph called "The ph Miracle Diet - Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health" by Robert O. Young. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Planet said...

Hi Tina,
I too am a bit of a foodie (especially love ethnic cuisine) and love to cook.. This is a very interesting approach to chronic health problems. I have been dealing with chronic pain and fatigue for the past 12 years due to a long list of musculoskeletal issues (e.g., surgery (fusion) for ruptured herniated cervical spine, tendinitis/tendinosis, arthritis, epicondylitis, hallux rigidus...some think I have fibromyalgia, etc. I have tried everything and have found no relief. Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it! ....Janet (Lewandowski) Paton

lily romagnoli said...

Hi Tina,

What a great idea, to share from your experience and wisdom with your friends.

Thank you!!!

I am looking forward to the next chapter and plan to try juicing for me and Lucy.

Best wishes for health and well being.

Lily

Sue Z said...

I bought the ingredients ... I'll be trying a green smoothie in the morning .... *gulp*

Sue Z said...

Well, I bit the bullet this morning and made the smoothie. I've been drinking a prepared green food juice from Trader Joe's and adding my own protein powder. I think I mentioned to you that I was a little afraid of all of the fiber in the Hemp Powder so I was using a soy/whey combo. I went back and got the hemp powder and I'm slowly incorporating it. I'm currently using 1/2 T and the rest soy/whey. The smoothie is not unpalatable. It makes a LOT and there's some chewing involved but I think I can do this. I did not start adding the greens yet ... I have to ease into this. How much of the greens do you add?

Post a Comment