RSS

"Ask Not What Food Taste Good, but, What Your Food Can Do For You"?

If that title reminds you of John F. Kennedy, you are right.  I just returned from my Easter Vacation to Boston and still have him on my mind.  I visited the JFK museum situated on the Boston harbor and if you are ever in the area, it's a museum worth visiting.






The highlight of Boston for me was eating at Grezzo's!  
Simply one of the best Raw Food Restaurants in our country, and the best raw food restaurant I have ever been to!

While you are out there, go to Grezzo's; www.grezzorestaurant.com Alicia Cohen's raw food restaurant.  This is a must!  It's in downtown area of Boston called the North End.  It is surrounded by many quaint restaurants; mostly italian.  So, why, when there are so many delicious restaurants would you want to eat food that is not even cooked?  Results!  

This is food that goes the extra mile to give you energy, make you feel good, and all the while not give you health problems.  It contains the right kinds of fat, so it will not give you cholesterol, heart disease, or make you fat.  It can even reverse diabetes, lower blood pressure, reduce or prevent inflammation, and make your skin glow!  People who eat raw food often have a sparkle in their eye and their hair has luster.

It's time to ask your food; "what can you do for me"?  In fact, I get up everyday and ask what I need my food to do for me today?  What food would best meet my needs today?
Since my accupuncturist said my liver has a lot of toxins in it (probably from the arsenal of medications; especially chemotherapy), once a week I have a        beet greens smoothie.
Recently, one of my readers asked me for this recipe.  It is very similar to any of my other green smoothie's except the main green is organic beet greens.  Start with pure fresh water - about 1 cup
                                                    1 whole peeled lemon without the seeds
                                                          1 organic apple
                                                        1 whole bundle of beet greens 
                                                         1 whole bundle watercress
                                                        1 tablespoon hemp seed powder
                                                         1  "   "     raw maca
you could add more to this such as 2 or 3 celery stalks, handful of parsley, bok choy, kale, collards and any other dark leafy greens.  If you do add more, I usually limit it to just 2 or 3 other greens.

By drinking this smoothie you will assist in cleansing and detoxing your liver, you will also get protein from the hemp powder, the apple will assist in releasing the toxins, the celery helps to reduce the heat in the liver; (according to Dr. Lu), the watercress is an internal cleaner, and the lemons contain pectin, vitamin C, help to alkalize your body, and contain magnesium and calcium.

EAT WELL TO FEEL GREAT!

















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Planet said...

Tina, I hope you are feeling as well as you look! You look great sitting there in the restaurant in Boston! Gotta love Boston! Haven't been there in many years, but used to visit relatives there when I was a kid every summer.

Tina Tierney Health Talks said...

Yes, I am feeling good luckily. I do love Boston and it had been awhile since I had been there too.
We already can't wait to go back. That was neat you got to go there every summer as a kid; awesome!

Post a Comment