RSS

Alternative ways to lower blood pressure

Last year my blood pressure started climbing and once again I had an opportunity to see how traditional doctors are trained.  If you have this take that!  I left my doctors office with a script for Inderal LA (one of the most common high blood pressure medications prescribed).  

I said, do you have any idea what could be causing my high blood pressure or how we could find out?  I think he spent a couple minutes at most trying to get to the bottom of that.  Some of the most brilliant doctors are not trained to get to the cause. Our traditional medical system has resolved it is just easier to take a pill and forget what may have caused your problem.

With this approach, no wonder so many people end up just taking this pill and don't make any changes to try and control their blood pressure their self.  Which eventually leads them to needing a second pill because the first one didn't work as good as it should have.  Many people end up taking a 2nd and even 3rd pill to control their blood pressure.

I immediately decided to fill the prescription just in case, and then researched it on my own.  I also immediately bought an alternative medicine and began taking it.  After doing some research, I bought a supplement called "Michael's Naturopathic Programs Blood Pressure Factors" Cardiovascular Support which contains a long list of herbs, minerals, and vitamins.  I talked to a women who had high blood pressure and had great results in just a few days of taking Michaels.  She takes 3 every night and saw her blood pressure drop within a few days of taking it.  Eventually she said it went to normal.

However, if she stops taking it for a few days it goes right back up. In addition to this medication she also takes a garlic supplement and CoQ10 as I also do.  I also take pycnogenol which can help and am further researching L arginine and L carnitine and may add one of them.

Recently Dr. Mercola published an excellent article on controlling blood pressure.  For anyone already taking a prescription blood pressure medication this is a must read article  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/08/discover-the-secret-to-lowering-your-blood-pressure-in-15-minutes.aspx

I will be adding on to this article once I see for myself if this medication is working or not?  I invite you on the journey with me to find the best way to bring blood pressure down without having to take another prescription drug.

Another remedy that works well for a friend of mine is crushed garlic and raw honey mixed in together.  Take one teaspoon everyday and you will see results in weeks.  This lady had very high blood pressure and was able to bring it down to normal with no prescription medications.  Even though it has been normal for some years, she still takes a teaspoon of this everyday.

Too much fructose can also cause high blood sugar.  When you are starting any medication or supplement to lower blood pressure, cut out all sugar for at least 2 weeks.  There is also a saying that it takes 6 weeks to see real results from anything you are trying to change through diet.  Remember fruit also contains fructose and must also be eliminated in order to increase the time it takes to lower blood pressure through any means.

May you do whatever it takes to get your blood pressure down and safely manage another health challenge!
Eat Well To Feel Great

Warning!!!!!  Do not take the advice in this article.  Work with your alternative healing practitioner and never abruptly stop your medications!  Seek professional advice and do your own research like I have done before deciding on this supplement.  One size never fits all!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings for vibrant health!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment