RSS

Maximize the nutritional value in each and every salad with sprouts

Happy New Year Dear Followers and Readers!

It is my sincere wish for you in 2011 you have the knowledge and discipline to eat all the best foods for your health and avoid your food enemies such as sugar, white flower, genetically modified foods and grains.  I wish each and every one of you will eat well to Feel Great!

Simply eating at least one salad a day will already be an empowering health decision for many.  Already eating at least one salad a day?  Adding a few extra of the best ingredients such as sprouts will be another improvement for some of you in 2011.

I just made myself a salad with what I had on hand and all the ingredients were raw and mostly organic.
I made a salad  dominated by fresh grown sprouts I grow myself.  I buy sprouts from "The Sprout People" called French Garden and they even tell you how to grow them on their website.  I have had excellent luck growing their sprouts.

Today's empowering delicious salad

3 cups of French garden homegrown sprouts
1 cup of Sunflower sprouts
1/4 cup watercress (add up to 1 cup)
1 cup of julienne zucchini
"         "  shredded purple cabbage
1  "     "  julienne carrots
1 cup of julienne cucumber
2 stalks diced celery
few red radish diced up
2 cups shredded collard greens

Dressing
1 whole lemon fresh squeezed 
3 tablespoons flax seed oil (can substitute EVOO)
3 garlic cloves crushed
could add pink himilayan salt to taste or fresh ground black pepper

There are many ingredients that would taste great in the above salad that I rotate with such as
cubed red swiss chard, cubed avocado, sliced red pepper, pea shoots, edame beans, pea pods,hemp seeds to add protein,  and whatever else you enjoy in your salad.
The dressing above is very basic - perfect for those who are busy or need to control their blood pressure by adding extra garlic whenever possible.  Chopped Parsley and chopped tomatoes taste great added to this dressing too.  But I am also making fresh tabouleh which will already have these ingredients in them.  I use quinoa as a substitute for bulghur wheat.

I make up this salad ahead of time to last a few days.  I add the dressing as I need it.  Store in a glass container.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment