RSS

Solutions for bad leg cramps

Two years before I was diagnosed with Vasculitis, I often had severe leg cramps.  It even reached a stage where I had them every night.  I barely ever have them now.  I think I found some of the causes and some excellent solutions.  The first cause was probably a magnesium mineral deficiency which many of us have.  Especially since I was going into the hot tub everyday.  I was sweating out the minerals and not replacing them.  I started using "CALMhttp://www.calmnatural.com/(rasberry lemon flavor taste best and is available at vitamin world and better health food stores like Whole Foods Market) which is considered to be by some, the best magnesium on the market.  I am still taking CALM, but I also discovered, "Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil" (http://www.ancient-minerals.com/?gclid=CNGS3uHKl6ACFYNo5QodZQT4gA).  Spray 8 squirts on you (I spray it on my legs) a day and it absorbs right into your body.  It has solved my leg cramp problem and I very highly recommend these two products.  Even if you do not have trouble with leg cramps, these are the best magnesium products I am aware of and we all need to take magnesium on a daily basis.

The other cause of my cramping and sore feet I discovered was due to white flour and refined sugar.  I felt like I was walking on rocks when I would get up in the morning.  A friend of mine who does not have vasculitis, also had the same problem.  She cut out white flour and sugar products and is better.  When she makes exceptions and eats a little too much it starts all over again.

There is reasearch saying genetically modified foods can do that to you.  There is an excellent book by Michael Pollan on food "In Defense Of Food"http://www.michaelpollan.com/, which points out most of the corn in our country is genetically modified and 75% of all our processed food in the grocery story is corn based.  In 2009 Germany  announced it will no longer grow genetically modified food because a certain beneficial beetle was dying off and it was disrupting the insect balance.

I stopped eating white flour, wheat, sugar, and primarily only eat fresh fruit and vegetables.  I no longer have the feeling I am walking crippled when I get up in the morning.  I believe this also helped the achy feeling I had for some years even prior to my vasculitis joint pain.  I always thought I was getting arthritis and then when I was getting x-rays and seeing the variety of doctors I saw for Vasculitis, they said I don't have arthritis.  I even went and had my feet x-rayed and the podiatrist said I did not have arthritis in my feet.

If you suffer from leg cramp pain or pain in your joints, I recommend you try cold pressed castor oil.  It has helped me many times.  It has to be cold pressed and is also available at better health food stores.  A 80 year old woman with vasculitis told me about it.  She suffered from leg pain in her joints and muscles for years until she found this solution to manage her discomfort.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment