RSS

Trader Joe's is the place to shop for affordable organic foods

A fellow wegener's follower asked me what I buy at Trader Joe's?  I shop there every week and there are several things I always buy.  If you want to buy organic food, they have the best values around.

Organic Spring mix salad or herb salad mix
hydroponic watercress and pea shoots for green smoothies
edamame in refridgerator section
Organic celery and carrots
Fresh juiced organic carrot juice
GREEN Plant drink which I use as the foundation liquid for my green smoothies - even has
hemp seed protein powder
17 bean mix for protein soup
organic dry soup base concentrate with no msg for chicken or vegetable broth
raw nuts - slivered almonds - dried cherries - cranberries
raw agave nectar, pure maple syrup grade B
raw almond butter - cashew butter
quinoa - replacement gluten free grain with protein
sesame baked tofu for miso soup
frozen wild boreal blueberries, organic frozen strawberries, mango
wild caught salmon - silver coho
organic green tea
Herbe matte green tea with caffeine
Flax seed oil
omega fish oil
Co Enzyme Q 10
Probiotics
Vitamin C
and a variety of other supplements

I always try new items they offer and never pass up a sample.
Trader Joe's makes me Happy!  Happy Shopping!
May you know what food your body needs and Eat To Live Well!

This is just a partial listing of things I buy there.  I will eventually put some recipes on the blog which will better explain what I use some of the above for.  But for now, see my Michigan Cherry Salad recipe

miso soup packs - however raw miso alone is better

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Planet said...

I love shopping at Trader Joe's! I wish there were a store a bit closer to where I live, but I make the occasional trek 25 miles north to pick up a few items. I guess you could call me a Flexitarian, that is an occasional vegetarian. I've never been a big meat eater, and more and more I'm trying to cut back on meat and if I do eat it, try to eat organic humanely raised meat. My daughter and daugher-in-law to be are both vegetarian (but eat seafood). My husband also had a heart attack at age 47, so eating healthy has become a bit of a quest. Thanks for posting all your tips.

Post a Comment